Enjoy the Benefits of AAMD Membership
Join or Renew Today!
As the professional society for medical dosimetrists, AAMD offers many opportunities for education and professional development. From meetings and online learning to publications and networking with medical dosimetry colleagues, AAMD provides medical dosimetrists with resources and information for ongoing career growth and works to advance the profession of medical dosimetry.
Members Can Earn 12 CE Credits through the AAMD CE Center in 2024
As part of your membership dues, you can select from a variety of activities in the AAMD CE Center to earn 12 CE credits. Options include: Directed Journal Readings, Recorded Presentations, Virtual Meetings and Live Webinars. Members can also purchase additional CE activities at a reduced rate of $20 per credit. Check out all the activities available in the Course Library in the CE Center. Of course, you’ll also be able to earn up to 5 ADDITIONAL CE credits by participating in the live webinars during the National Medical Dosimetrist’s Day celebration in August.
Need More CE Credits? Try Member Plus and Earn 25 Total CE Credits for Just $75 More
Member Plus provides the best value for earning online CE credits. Member Plus Members will now be able to earn a total of 25 CE credits through the AAMD CE Center. Choose from any of the CE activities available to members. Members can upgrade to Member Plus at anytime by contacting the AAMD Director of Membership, Whitney O'Donnell at email@example.com.
AAMD Member Benefits Include:
Continuing Education and CE Credit Tracking
- Annual Allowance of CE Credits
- All AAMD members (Full CMD, Professional Associate & Retired members) receive an allowance of 12 CE credits (included in their membership) to earn in the AAMD CE Center. These credits expire at the end of each year and cannot be carried over to the next year.
- International & Student members receive 25 CE credits (hours) annually.
- MDCB Credit Tracking and Transfer
- All AAMD CE activities are approved for MDCB credits.
- CE credits are automatically uploaded to MDCB Learning Plans within 72 hours of completion.
- ARRT Credit Tracking and Transfer
- As of May 1, 2020, the AAMD started approving, tracking and transferring CE credits earned through AAMD activities to the ARRT for AAMD members only.
- The ARRT CE credits are based on calculations set forth by the ARRT.
- AAMD will transfer credits to ARRT on the 14th and 28th of each month. For AAMD to be able to transfer credits, AAMD members need to include their ARRT ID# and DOB in their AAMD Profile.
- Discounted Rate for the AAMD Annual Meeting
This premier event for medical dosimetrists highlights the very latest developments in the field with more than 30 hours of educational sessions and an exhibit hall filled with products and services for medical dosimetrists. The 5-day event brings together over 500 professionals from across the US and around the world to learn and network.
- Discounted Rates for Virtual Symposiums and Regional Meetings
No need to go far from home or work for your continuing education credits — participate in a virtual symposium or attend an AAMD Regional Meeting to expand your skills and your network.
- Access to the AAMD Resource Database
Explore previous AAMD meeting presentations, slides, research and more! This tool helps members answer daily clinical questions and find treatment planning knowledge at the click of a button.
Professional Resources & Networking
- Member Meet-Ups
These virtual meetings allow members to gather and discuss trending topics in treatment planning. Usually held over lunch hour and led by the AAMD Regional Representatives, these unique offerings are exlusive to members.
- AAMD Career Center
Members receive a free Job Seeker account, resume review, and the ability to apply for jobs in the AAMD Career Center.
- Membership Directory
This invaluable online tool helps to keep medical dosimetrists connected.
AAMD serves as the voice for medical dosimetry in the healthcare community. AAMD leaders monitor and provide input on regulatory affairs that impact patient care and the profession.
- Access to the AAMD Education and Research Foundation Scholarships
Members can apply to scholarships and grants through the AAMD Foundation.
- Medical Dosimetry Journal
AAMD Members receive an electronic subscription to Medical Dosimetry, the official journal of AAMD. The journal is the key source of information on new developments for the medical dosimetrist. Practical and comprehensive in coverage, the journal features original contributions and review articles by medical dosimetrists, oncologists, physicists and radiation therapy technologists.
This quarterly electronic newsletter provides the latest updates on AAMD events, membership benefits, industry news and more.
- Salary and Workforce Surveys — Compare salaries and workplace details with those of medical dosimetry colleagues with these important surveys. Members receive FREE access to this important industry data!
Awards and Recognition
- AAMD Oustanding Achievement Award
This prestigious annual award recognizes one individual for his or her accomplishments in the field of medical dosimetry. The Award is given at the AAMD Annual Meeting.
- AAMD Fellow Elevation
This honorary category of Fellow is bestowed upon members who have made outstanding contributions to the medical dosimetry profession and to the AAMD.
- Student Writing Competition
Showcase your research and writing talents in the AAMD Student Writing Competition. Several cash prizes are awarded annually to the most outstanding papers submitted.
Reduced Meeting Rates for Other Organizations
- AAPM — AAMD members receive reduced rates for the AAPM Annual Meeting.
Join or Renew Today!