Whether you are a seasoned medical dosimetrist or just starting your career, the AAMD provides members with the latest employment opportunities and a variety of career related resources to assist you in your search.
The Value of a Dosimetrist: Insights from RadOnc Professionals
On February 1, 2022 the AAMD Career Services Committee (CSC) hosted a panel discussion with four RadOnc panelists (Administrator, Physician, Physicist, and Therapist). They gave their opinions and answers to questions like:
- What qualities do you feel are essential for someone to be a good Medical Dosimetrist?
- What do you value most about a Medical Dosimetrist on your team?
- How do you feel about remote dosimetry?
- How important is it to be board certified?
- Does software and equipment experience factor into who you hire?
- And more!
NOTE: This was a members-only event and therefore the full recording is only available for AAMD members.
Additional Medical Dosimetry "Career-focused" Resources
Thinking About a Career in Medical Dosimetry Education?
Released January 2023
Thinking of Becoming a Proton Dosimetrist?
Released November 2022
So You’ve Graduated, Now What?
Released August 2022
Inside the Mind of a Hiring Physicist
Released August 2021
Questions to Ask on a Medical Dosimetry Interview
Released November 2020
Computer Specs for Remote Dosimetry
Released September 2020
Making Remote Dosimetry Work
Released September 2020
Resume Tips & Interview Tricks
Released May 2020
Visit the AAMD Career Center
Job Seekers: Manage Your Career
- Search and apply to the best medical dosimetry jobs at institutions that value your credentials!
- Upload your anonymous resume so employers can contact you, but you maintain control of your information and choose to whom you release your information.
- Submit your resume for a FREE resume review from resume-writing experts.
- Receive an alert every time a job becomes available that matches your personal profile, skills, interests, and preferred location(s).
- Access additional career resources and job searching tips and tools.
Hiring Managers/Employers: Recruit for Open Positions
Post your jobs or your institution's jobs where the most qualified medical dosimetrists will find and apply to them.
Write a job posting that includes all the right medical dosimetry terminology. Learn how with these Recruiting Dosimetrists Tips.
Write a job posting that includes all the right medical dosimetry terminology. Learn how with this Tip Sheet
- Email your jobs directly to more than 3,400 job seekers via our exclusive Job Flash email.
- Search the resume database to proactively contact qualified candidates.
Additional Member Career Services include: