Enjoy the Benefits of AAMD Membership
As the professional society for medical dosimetrists, AAMD offers many opportunities for education and professional development. From meetings and online learning to publications and networking with medical dosimetry colleagues, AAMD provides medical dosimetrists with resources and information for ongoing career growth and works to advance the profession of medical dosimetry.
AAMD Member Benefits Include:
AAMD is launching a new membership option for 2012 - Member Plus. Join AAMD or renew at your regular rate, add the Member Plus option for an additional $100 and you will have the opportunity to earn a minimum of 20 online CE credits per year - 10 credits through CE modules and 10 credits through webinars. The total number of CEs above 20 may vary slightly from year to year. International members (from all other countries, including Canada) can join AAMD at $150 and take advantage of the Member Plus online CE credits - and receive a subscription to the AAMD journal, Medical Dosimetry. For full topics and details click here.
- MDCB Approved Credits
- Category "A" ARRT Approved Meetings
This premier event for medical dosimetrists highlights the very latest developments in the field with more than 30 hours of educational sessions and an exhibit hall filled with products and services for medical dosimetrists. The 4-day event brings together over 400 professionals from across the US and around the world to learn and network.
No need to go far from home for your continuing education credits — attend an AAMD regional meeting and expand your skills and your network.
- Directed Journal Readings
Read Medical Dosimetry and receive credits via a series of brief quizzes.
- Online Education
Online CE Modules
The Online CE Modules are audio and PowerPoint sessions recorded during AAMD Annual and Regional Meetings. AAMD members can view a session, take a short quiz and receive one MDCB credit for successful completion of the quiz. No additional fees for Member Plus members.
AAMD offers a series of live webinars on a variety of medical dosimetry related topics. Earn CE credits from the convenience of your home or facility. No additional fees for Member Plus members.
- Online Forum — Discuss issues and ideas in the interactive forum on the AAMD website at www.medicaldosimetry.org
- Career Services Center — Whether you're looking for a new job or for a new hire for your staff, check out the AAMD Career Services Center on the AAMD website.
- Salary and Workforce Surveys — Compare salaries with those of medical dosimetry colleagues with these annual surveys.
- Membership Directory — This invaluable online tool helps to keep medical dosimetrists connected.
- Industry Updates — AAMD serves as the voice for medical dosimetry in the healthcare community. With an active governmental affairs committee, AAMD monitors regulatory affairs that impact patient care and the profession.
- Medical Dosimetry
AAMD Members receive a subscription to Medical Dosimetry, the official journal of AAMD. The journal is the key source of information on new developments for the medical dosimetrist. Practical and comprehensive in coverage, the journal features original contributions and review articles by medical dosimetrists, oncologists, physicists and radiation therapy technologists.
This quarterly electronic newsletter provides the latest updates on AAMD events, membership benefits, industry news and more.
Awards and Recognition
- AAMD Award of Excellence — This prestigious annual award recognizes one individual for his or her accomplishments in the field of medical dosimetry. The Award, given at the AAMD annual meeting, includes a cash prize and crystal award.
- Writing Competition — Showcase your research and writing talents in the AAMD Annual Writing Competition. Several cash prizes are awarded annually to the most outstanding papers submitted.
Reduced Membership and Meeting Rates for Other Organizations
- ASTRO — Join ASTRO for only $60 (annual membership dues for medical dosimetrists). This membership grants you reduced meeting rates to the ASTRO Annual Meeting as well as various symposiums throughout the year.
- AAPM — Reduced meeting rates for the AAPM Annual Meeting and various Chapter Meetings.